function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Katie HambergKatie Hamberg 

Adding lookups to events

Hi,

I'm looking to add multiple account lookups onto the event page.  I've been given an error that since an account lookup is already on the page, I'm not able to do this.  I've contacted Salesforce and was given the advice to create a visualforce page.  I haven't created a visualforce page before, and was wondering if anyone has come across this issue before.  Thanks much!

Katie
Vishal_GuptaVishal_Gupta
Hi Katie,

If you want help in creating VF page for your requirment, I can help you out. You can contact me on following :
Gmail Id : vishal.er.gupta@gmail.com
Skype Id : vishal.gupta293

Thanks,
Vishal
Hi Vishal, That would be great! Are you available at 3:00 CST today? Katie Hamberg Salesforce.com Administrator Elevate Energy 773-321-2665
Vishal_GuptaVishal_Gupta
Hi Katie,

3:00 CST is late for me, can you share your org with me on my gmail id, I will look into it and will do the needful.

Thanks,
Vishal
Hi Vishal, Sorry for just getting back to you. Are you able to have a call sometime this morning? Katie Hamberg Salesforce.com Administrator Elevate Energy 773-321-2665
Hi Vishal,

Wanted to touch base with you to see if you are still available to help me with this request?

Thanks!
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Katie,

Can you explain me your exact business requirement? May be I'll be able to help you out. You can contact me on my personal ids as well, specified in my profile.

Thanks,
Neetu
Hi Neetu,

Sure, I'm looking to add multiple related to fields in the event activity record.  I would like the fields to look like the current related to field, where there is a dropdown of all the objects and then once the object is selected, the lookup looks only to that specific object.  If that is not possible just to have the ability to have multiple lookup fields to accounts.  When trying to do this I was getting an error since there is already an account lookup field on the event record.  When contacting Salesforce they mentioned that creating a visualforce page would work, however I've never done this before, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

Katie
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Katie,

We can achieve this using visualforce page. Can you please contact me either on my gmail id: neetu.bansal.5@gmail.com or Skype id: neetu.bansal.5

Thanks,
Neetu
Hi Neetu, I just sent you a request to be connected on skype. Are you available to talk today regarding the visualforce page? Thanks! Katie Hamberg Salesforce.com Administrator Elevate Energy 773-321-2665