function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Swamy PSwamy P 

Is it good to enable Territory Management & Forecast Management in between the project

Hello Team,

We started the Project 1 year back, now almost everything is ready also we have huge data in the system. Now is it correct/good to enable Territory Management & Forecast Management in my project because now client is seeking for that.

Or else its better to implement those TM & FM by custom entities and custom functionalities.

Which one is the best option to enable, Please provide your suggestions.
Thanks!!
Fahad-AkhtarFahad-Akhtar
Hi Swamy,
Territory management and forecast management are two different things for two different requirements, These decisions are driven based on project requirements and analysis, have a look at this link to understand when and why to use territory management 

As per my knowledge currently there is no way to disable territory management so enable it in your test org to check if it suites you needs.

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gyqjAAA

Thanks,
Fahad Akhtar

Swamy PSwamy P
Hi Fahad,

I've gone thorugh it already. Earlier worked on Forecast Management as well. Because of the huge data only we are thinking. Because we cannot assign existed opportunties to a team which has 20 users, so give me ur valuable thought on data perspective.
Thanks!!
Fahad-AkhtarFahad-Akhtar

Hi Swamy,
You can use default account and sales team but if exisitng data is an issues, its still a one time activity and can be avoided.

Thanks,

Fahad Akhtar