function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nksfnksf 

Delete Permissions

Hi guys, I need you help with this strange scenario if you can suggest me anything.
We have same profile for Sales Reps and their Managers. We also have multiple record types and page layouts for Activities (Task and Events).
For one of the Record Type we dont want Sales Reps to have Delete Permission. Only thier Managers should be able to Delete Acitivites of this Record Type. We dont want to create seperate Profile for Managers and also dont want to write Trigger for this. Can you please suggest me anything to achieve this without new Profile and Trigger. 
Example: 
Profile Name: Sales Team
Users: Sales Reps        Managers     Directors
Object: Activity (Task and Events)
Record Type: A   B   C
Page Layout: A   B   C
For Record Type B we need to restrict Sales Reps to Delete these Activities but their Managers and above Role can Delete them. 
Sales Reps should still have the ability to Delete Activities of other Record Types A and C 
Fahad-AkhtarFahad-Akhtar
Hi nksf,
I don’t think you have any options except creating a trigger to validation your condition before delete, Even if you create a separate profile you will only be able to remove delete button from the layout which won’t stop user from deleting activities using other ways, a trigger is a full solution to this problem.

Thanks,
Fahad Akhtar