function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
padminipadmini 

Related to Work Flow and Email Template

I have two objects  Work Order and Work Details having master detail relationship. Work Order is Parent and Work Detail is Child. 
I have written Work Flow on Work Order objects as criteria is When Work Order is Open.
In that Work Flow i have taken Email Template for displaying the Work Order and Work Order Details both.
But Work Flow is firing when Work Order is Created.
How to do this ?? Which template i have take for display the Work Order and Work Details both??
Please help me in this.

Thanks.

Anupama SamantroyAnupama Samantroy
Hi Padmini,

You cannot use fields from child object whilst creating workflow for parent object. If you need the details of both parent and child then create the workflow on the object.
As when you do it on master that time the child record is not even created so nothing to get the data from.
Please let me know if this clarifies .

Thanks
Anupama
Jayson Faderanga 14Jayson Faderanga 14
quite unsure about what you're really asking...but it seems that you're question is to why the workflow is firing when the work order is created. I believe you just wanted it to fire on edit.

It is firing when the work order is created because the evaluation criteria you set is created and everytime the record is edited, for the system to not evaluate the record when it is created you need to add another filter to your rule criteria. try adding this.

!ISNEW()

Hope that helps..
padminipadmini
Hi Anupama,

Thanks for your reply.
Is it possible to display Parent and Child record by using Visualforce Email Template?

Anupama SamantroyAnupama Samantroy
Hi Padmini,

Its possible to use the HTML template as well to populate the details from the objects. Make sure you create the workflow on child object.
If you have any doubts please explain the exact requirement then I might be able to help you even better.

Thanks
Anupama
padmini sspadmini ss
Hi Anupama, 

Thanks for your help.

I have one more doubt. Under WorkFlow & Approvals section  Salesforce introduced the Flows feature.
Setup - >WorkFlow & Approvals - > Flows.
Is it possible to get both parent and child object data on Email Template by using Flows?