function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Elizabete FonsecaElizabete Fonseca 

Email Service as Org Wide Email Address

Hi there!

So I'm trying to set up an Email Service as a Org Wide Email Address, but I'm struggling to verify this email. I added code to create a task, as suggested in this post: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BU6UIAW, and even went and added some code to forward the email to my email address -- works fine when I send a email to the email service, but when I try to verify nothing happens, no task no email and not on the debug logs I can't find anything...

I know people were able to do this... can someone help?

Thanks in advance!
EF
Elizabete FonsecaElizabete Fonseca
So I was able to somehow get the email to veriify... in a very dodgy way.

In the email service settings, in Accept Email From added salesforce.com; in Failure Response Settings, Bounde Message to everything and added my email address to Route Error Emails to This Email Address.

I tried verifying 1 time and it bounced back to my inbox; in my inbox there is an option to resend the message and some error happens because it cannot retrieve the original message and it somehow creates a Draft with the verification message (the original message... ) and saves the Draft. In the Draft there is the verification link, and when I click the email is verified.

This is kind of a very messy workaround but... oh well. I thought I'd just leave this here, in case someone needs it.

Cheers,
EF