function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alba RivasAlba Rivas 

Field Level Security by profile vs field permissions in Permission Sets

If I assign a profile to a user, with field level security specified for a concrete field, and I assign a permission set to the same user, with a different permission level specified for that field, which one takes precedence? the most restrictive? Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Alba Rivas
MagulanDuraipandianMagulanDuraipandian
No. The most highest permission will be taken. Permission Set is used only for granting access not for revoking access. If Permission Set has lower permission when compared to the Profile, it will not override the profile. But if Permission Set has higher permission when compared to Profie then it overrides.

www.infallibletechie.com

All Answers

MagulanDuraipandianMagulanDuraipandian
No. The most highest permission will be taken. Permission Set is used only for granting access not for revoking access. If Permission Set has lower permission when compared to the Profile, it will not override the profile. But if Permission Set has higher permission when compared to Profie then it overrides.

www.infallibletechie.com
This was selected as the best answer
gautam_singhgautam_singh
The one which is more restrictive will fade off.  

Permission Sets are used to provide additional access to the access what the user may have through the record. If you give additional access via Permission Set then, it will provide access to the field. 
Jayson Faderanga 31Jayson Faderanga 31
to cut the story short..what's in the Profile will always take place.. permission set only take place if the permission you'll grant is not given in the profile.
Alba RivasAlba Rivas
Doubt solved, thanks!
Lisa WytrwalLisa Wytrwal
For my Salesforce Connector User with Pardot, Pardot is saying I don't have all the permissions that Pardot expects. It asks to change the Contact and Lead field permissions to "Need Read Access to:" and then it says "None" twenty times. What does this None refer to? I have tried removing Read access, Read/Edit access, plus granting both, and none of these seem to resolve the permissions issue. Any thoughts?User-added image