function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kapil JaiswalKapil Jaiswal 

user and profile update

i created a user and profile and assigned profile to user. Now i do not see any way to edit Profile access to custom object, neither i see any way to change user profile.
can somebody help?
Please ignore. got the solution
Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
Hi Kapil,

Are you logged in as System administrator ?

Hi Himanshu, i have a free developer edition account. I am still udnertsanding teh various types of users and licenses.
I logged in as a user which i created and hence noticed teh probelm but when i logged in with my account i could see what i needed.

Still Thanks for your reply. Ayy help in understanding user and licenses is most welcome.
Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
Hi Kapil,

In Salesforce a user license determines the baseline of features that the user can access. It is as simple as we get driving license to run a vehicle.

Salesforce provides different licenses for different feature. for example if you want to use CRM features such as Account, Opprtunity, Lead etc. you need Salesforce licenses

Here are the detail information about different licenses.

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_understanding_license_types.htm&language=nl

Once you purchase specific licenses you can assign that to a user (1 license to 1 user) which allow that user to access that feature inside Salesforce.

With developer edition Salesforce provide some free licenses to developer so that they can develop application and build their expertise on this platform.

Makes sense?

Thanks,
Himanshu
thanks Himanshu