function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kapil JaiswalKapil Jaiswal 

view all records of custom object

Hi I created a custom object but whenever i click on it , it just displays a single filed (which is auto incremnet ID). When i  click on this ID, it shows all columns for that row. how can i see all rows and columns when i click on my Custom Object TAB?
Best Answer chosen by Kapil Jaiswal
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Yes, you are right we can only filter the records with the help of custom views.
If your requirements are not achieved by Custom Views than you can create your own VF page to filter the records according to your requirement.

For using filters with Datetime field, Please find complete help on the link given below:
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=custom_dates.htm&language=en (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=custom_dates.htm&language=en)

Let me know if you need more clarification on this and if your question has been answered and you do not have any further queries on it than please close this by marking it as SOLVED.

Thanks,
Abhishek

All Answers

i could do what i was looking for but is there any way the records can be filtered on some feilds' basis? e.g I click on custom object tab. it may show all records or give an option to filter some.
Hi Kapil,

Please see the below screenshot :
User-added image

This is the page which you see when you click on tab of any object.
The record shown by default on this page are Recently Viewed Records of this object.
If you want to see All records than select ALL in View dropdown and click GO.
If you want to see some filtered records than click on link which is shown in yellow circle. This will allow you to create your own custom view.
Once you create a view by applying filters on some field than you will see only those records which are satisfied by your filters defined in view.

Please let me know if you need more help on this,

Thanks,
Abhishek
can these filters be  applied dynamically?

e.g The user created by me logs in. User wishes to filter records based on some field , let say some date/location etc.

So in this case this flexibility should lie with user on which fields he wishes to filter and not some pre defined views based on pre defined filters.

Please suggest if this is feasible
Hi Kapil,

When you create a Custom View than there is a section in create Custom View Page which allows you to specify the visibilty of View that is being created by you.
If you set the Visibility to "Visible to All Users" than the view which has been created by you is available to all users that looged in to youe systsem.
You can define many number of custom views on a single object so every user can create a custom view according to his/her needs.

Please create a demo Custom View in any object, that will clear all your doubts about Custom Views.

Thanks,
Abhishek.
Thanks Abhishek for your explanation and help. So i assume that there is no way of flitering the records without creating custom views and then editing view each time if we need to change our filter criteria. Is my understanding correct?

also i have got a DATETIME field. do you know if there is any way to use filter like "later than XXX Date". I am not sure how to achieve this.

plz see if you can help
Yes, you are right we can only filter the records with the help of custom views.
If your requirements are not achieved by Custom Views than you can create your own VF page to filter the records according to your requirement.

For using filters with Datetime field, Please find complete help on the link given below:
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=custom_dates.htm&language=en (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=custom_dates.htm&language=en)

Let me know if you need more clarification on this and if your question has been answered and you do not have any further queries on it than please close this by marking it as SOLVED.

Thanks,
Abhishek
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Abhishek