function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijay sidaraddiVijay sidaraddi 

How to edit cases by owner of the case once it is locked

* USer A  (profile a)  is going to  create a record he is the owner of it /created a Case,once you create a case tht particuler page should be locked once you submitted to suport team so now its locked if owner want to make update of any field for case object ,should not able to edit once you submitted to the support, if you owner want to make changes to the case ,how to achieve this? 

How to edit cases by owner of the case once it is locked 

Thanks
Vijay S

Best Answer chosen by Vijay sidaraddi
Luiz SantosLuiz Santos
Maybe you can use a combination of record types and different page layouts and profiles to setup the security around the fields and allow the person to modified / display only the fields you want them to modify? You can also use a validation rule to apply some validations on the data if necessary and set the fields to track the history of those fields you are allowing them to change so you keep the history of it? 

All Answers

Luiz SantosLuiz Santos
I believe you can recall the record, right? If you go under the approval history you should be able to click on "Recall Approval Request" and the record will be unlocked so you can make the changes as you wish and submit it for approval again? 
Vijay sidaraddiVijay sidaraddi
There might be posible for recall but , do we have any solutions other than approval process..as i answered to interviewer about approval process he asked me provide solution other than approval process

Thanks
Vijay S

Luiz SantosLuiz Santos
Maybe you can use a combination of record types and different page layouts and profiles to setup the security around the fields and allow the person to modified / display only the fields you want them to modify? You can also use a validation rule to apply some validations on the data if necessary and set the fields to track the history of those fields you are allowing them to change so you keep the history of it? 
This was selected as the best answer