function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matt GibbinsMatt Gibbins 

Customization of 'new case' fields in community

Hi,

We have set up the community and integrated it with Knowledge etc, but we have a problem with the cases. It has been built using the Kokua template.

Currently, when a community user (separate profile to internal users) is logged in and clicks to contact support, the form allows them to select fields such as the status, which we would always like to be set to 'New' as community users shouldn't be able to edit that field. We also want to include a couple of custom fields, but the contact name field just says "Lookup fields aren't currently supported in self-service communities. Please contact your administrator."

Does anyone have any ideas how we can customize this screen to prevent the editing/choice of status, and to include custom fields?

Thanks
rachanaravirachanaravi
Hi,

Are you able to find any solutions/more details about this issue? I want to remove Contact Name and Status from the Contact Support. But I didn't find a way.

Thanks,
Rachana
rachanaravirachanaravi
Hi,

I am able to remove it from Global Actions -> New Case -> Edit Layouts. Hope this will be helpful for someone.

Thanks
Gerald DemersGerald Demers
Thank you Rachanaravi.  It was helpful, even almost 4 years later.  Gerald