+ Start a Discussion
Parvinder ChanaParvinder Chana 

use of if condition in visual force page

Hello,
I'm creating a visual page page to show custom link to reports and everything worked great.
I have few custom fields on account object which I will use to show custom link and I need help to use if condition something like this

if account.Relation = "Partner" then show link to a report
else if account.relation = "Customer" then show link to another report
else don't show link at all.

I'm sure it is achieveable but need help.

Thanks,
P​​​​​​
James LoghryJames Loghry
Sure you can use IF logic here.  If you want the text to stay the same, you could do something like the following:

<apex:outputlink value="{!IF(account.Relation == 'Partner','/link_to_report_1',IF(account,Relation=='Customer','/link_to_report_2','/link_to_report_3')}">Click to view report</apex:outputLink>

Otherwise, you could use the rendered attribute with an IF statement:

<apex:outputLink rendered="{!IF(account.Relation == 'Partner',true,false)}" value="/link_to_report_1">Click to view report 1</apex:outputLink>

<apex:outputLink rendered="{!IF(account.Relation == 'Customer'',true,false)}" value="/link_to_report_2">Click to view report 2</apex:outputLink>

<apex:outputLink rendered="{!IF(OR(account.Relation == 'Partner',account.Relation == 'Customer'),false,true)}" value="/link_to_report_1">Click to view report 3</apex:outputLink>

Parvinder ChanaParvinder Chana
Thanks for the reply. This what I did, let me know if one solution is better than another?

<apex:variable var="d" value="/reportid?pv0={!SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(Account.Name,'&', '%26'),'#','%23')}"/>

<apex:variable var="l" value="{!IF((CONTAINS(Account.Relationship_A__c, 'Owner') || CONTAINS(Account.Relationship_B__c, 'Owner')  || CONTAINS(Account.Relationship_C__c, 'Owner')) , 'Show me locations owned by this owner ' &  Account.Name & '?' ,  '')}" />

<p>
        <a href="{!IF((CONTAINS(Account.Relationship_A__c, 'Owner') || CONTAINS(Account.Relationship_B__c, 'Owner')  || CONTAINS(Account.Relationship_C__c, 'Owner')) , d,  '')}" target="_blank">{!l}</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    </p>

Basically, I stored the information in a variable then using that in link?

Thanks,
Parv​