function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajkumar UdedorRajkumar Udedor 

Changing Account Record Type

Can we change account record type from Business Account to a Person Account?
Dipti DDipti D
Hi Raj,
Person account need to be enabled for your Org. You need to request/raise a Case with SF to get this enabled. 

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000171021&language=en_US

User-added image
Thanks Deepthi. I am very thankful for you. We have already enabled but situation is - Users created them wrongly as "Business Accounts" instead of "Person Accounts" and made calls. so we do have option to recreate them but want to know if we can change Recordtype directly instead of recreation.
Dipti DDipti D
Hi Raj, 
One easy option (based on the number of records) is you can update the record type for these records using Data Loader. You "export" those records with their IDs & record type ID based on the criteria. Then, you "Update" the record type ID with Person Account record type ID and update this list of records back in to Salesforce. 
Yes, but we are getting error like this "Cannot Specify Any Additional Fields When Marrying Or Separating A Person-Account" and Status displayed as "INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE"
Dipti DDipti D
Oh, I am not sure. I will check this. If you find a solution please update here. thanks.
Emmy MielcarzEmmy Mielcarz
Any update? Having the same issue with lightning! 
Mario AnesMario Anes
Hi Dipti, Emmy,
There are certain conditions that must be met when doing the conversion.  Here's a step by step documentation on how to do the conversion, as well as requirements for records that would be changed:  (it's the last item in the document)

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/222/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_B2C_implementation_guide.pdf

prachi goel 9prachi goel 9
Hi,
I am not sure but you can Try Like this:
Fire a workflow rule on updating of records and In actions in-field update, you can update record type from buisness to person.
On another side From Execute Anonymus update records.
May be this work!!!
Anja GloorAnja Gloor
Hi, we have the same problem in our Organisation. Is there another solution in the meantime than the update over data loader?
Divya Agrawal 14Divya Agrawal 14
It appears that using data export tools, such as Data Loader, DataLoader.io, Workbench, or similar tools, is the only viable solution for changing an account record type from Business Account to Person Account in Salesforce.