function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

How to check on object which permission set is applied for specific profile

Hello,

I have permission sets which ae different on production then in Sandbox.

I have one field which is not visible in Production.

I assume that this is the reason.

I have 8 new permisson sets on Production.

I want to know, 

1) How to check which permission sets is applied to which profiles
2) How to know which permission set is effecting the Object as it has differenct acess in different permissiion sets
Best Answer chosen by Ab
ManojjenaManojjena
Hi Sandrine,
Permission set is basically in user level not profile level.Basically if you want any permission to extent  few user in a profile in that case we are using permissionset .
Go to your user check the permisionset below that user edit that and check which all permision you are missing .
Let me know if it helps .
Thanks
Manoj

All Answers

Yaswanth KothapalliYaswanth Kothapalli
You can actually Query on PermissionSet Object  to check which permisson sets is applied to which profiles.
Below query will work:

Select Id,Name, IsOwnedByProfile, Profile.Name, Label from PermissionSet where IsOwnedByProfile=TRUE

You can refer to following doc for more information:
>> https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_permissionset.htm
AbAb

The query gives a result but i dont understand as its in ID.

How can i modify the query if I want to permission set for "SYStem Adminstration" for XYZ__c object or tab
ManojjenaManojjena
Hi Sandrine,
Permission set is basically in user level not profile level.Basically if you want any permission to extent  few user in a profile in that case we are using permissionset .
Go to your user check the permisionset below that user edit that and check which all permision you are missing .
Let me know if it helps .
Thanks
Manoj
This was selected as the best answer
AbAb
Is there anything else that can cause this effect.

Or do sometimes this internal error happens in Salesforce.
My object is part of package
Yaswanth KothapalliYaswanth Kothapalli
Hi Sandrine,

Other possible reasons for hiding the field would be : 
-  Go to related object pagelayout and removing the fields from the page. This would be one way.
-  Click on field, at the top of the field detail page ,you can view  button 'View Field Accessibility',click on it.
there you can observe for which profile this field has been hidden, there you can hide that field for particular profile.
-  Using Record types that are assigned to the profiles.

Thanks,
Yaswanth K