function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Roger PavelleRoger Pavelle 

Data Import Wizard fails on Import

I am trying to add/update records in a custom object from a CSV file.  All the fields map correctly.  When I start the import, I get a message saying "Your import failed: There was an unexpected problem while importing. The import did not succeed."  This is a process that has worked correctly for me in the past.

I don't have Lightning Components enabled, so I don't think it is related to that known issue (but may be wrong).

Any thoughts?
Best Answer chosen by Roger Pavelle
closing this because I'm getting a different error now.

All Answers

Pramodh KumarPramodh Kumar
Please refer to the link

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=Your-import-failed-mapping-record-owner-with-Data-Import-Wizard&language=en_US
I am both the owner (the only one), the creator of the CSV file and the person doing the import.  And, the mapping works (no columns unmapped).  So, I don't understand why the record owner field would make a difference.  And, in the past, it has never been a problem.
I tried adding the owner ID field to the CSV file and I'm still getting the same message.  I've also tried splitting the CSV file up so that the update records are in one file and the new records are in a second.  That also didn't make a difference (I get the error in both.

Any other ideas?
Pramodh KumarPramodh Kumar
Here are two link, please refer them.

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000T4EzAAK

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=workbench_troubleshooting.htm

If you still face any issues please let me know.

I am using the generic System Administrator profile.  And, there is no translation going on.
This is still a problem.  I have tried separating the file so that it is just doing an update (with owner ID), but that has made no difference.  I've tried inserting only new data, but I still get the same generic error message.  I've tried waiting to see if there was something I'm unaware of that might be fixed, but a week later I'm still having the same problems.

As stated previously, I am the system administrator (using the generic version).  I am also the owner and creator of the custom objects in question.  I do not have Lightning enabled as far as I can tell.  I also am using the developer edition of Salesforce. 

I have previously been able to perform inserts and updates to this object.  The last time I did so was in early August.  The only change to the object since then was adding several new fields (total custom fields is now approx. 90).

Does anyone have other suggestions on what I can do to get this update and import to work?
closing this because I'm getting a different error now.
This was selected as the best answer