function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Daniel OrregoDaniel Orrego 

Profiles, record types, and record visibility

This may have already been tackled via an administrative schema, but here is what I need to achieve:

1.  Profile 'A' should only be able to see records of 'Record Type A'

2.  Profile 'B' should only be able to see records of 'Record Type B'

I called support about this and they said it was impossible to do without an APEX trigger, and recommended that I submit a request to Development.  Any thoughts?
Jayson Faderanga 14Jayson Faderanga 14
based on the explanation you gave. I'm assuming that the Object sharing model is set to Private.
create a criteria-based sharing rule that shares all the Accounts with Record Type A with this Profile A and all Accounts with Record Type B share with Profile B...

not sure with about the whole scenario, I believe there's other factors that makes the support decide that it can only be achieve using apex..
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
You do have an option to assign record types for an object in every profile. Can you try assigning in that way and check if it is restricting them visibility of records?

User-added image
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam
Hi Daniel,

Change the OWD to private for the specified object.

Then create two sharing rules for the object to check the condition in the rule.

If the recordtype equals A then share the records to certain users, If the recordtype equals to B then share the records to certain users.

Let me know your suggestions.

Thanks,
Vijay