function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matt Blatnik 8Matt Blatnik 8 

Creating a Default Solutions Object

Hi,

In the company I work for when adopting to Salesforce the management decided not to use cases and solutions. They have renamed the Solutions object and are using it for another purpouse.

After I joined the company I have realised it would be useful to start using Cases and Solutions for internal customer support. However the original Solutions object is fully customised for another purpose.

I was referred to the Developers forum by Salesforce Support. I would kindly ask someone to help me create a replica of a standard Solutions object and replicate the relationship with Cases object.

Regards,

Matt
William TranWilliam Tran
The "Standard" cases/solutions are still there since you can't delete or change standard fields except for labels.  

If you want to see how it looks like without customization, I would suggest you sign up for the free DEV org and view the object structure there.

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer. 
But you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you. 

Thanks
Matt Blatnik 8Matt Blatnik 8
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I am aware that the standard fields are still there. However the object has been fully customised and is interlinked with other objects in the org as well as external applications. Therefore I wanted to create another "solutions" replica object. I know how to copy the standard fields from original solutions object, however I was told by Salesforce Support agent that in order to have the full Solutions & Cases functionality with the new Replica Solutions object I would need apex triggers. This is where I am lost. Even if I check the Dev Org, I do not know how and where to check the code that connects default Solutions and Cases. This is where I need help. Regards, Matt
William TranWilliam Tran
Hmmm, I am not sure what apex triggers you would need.  Usually when you create a new custom object, you don't have the OOTB features of a standard object.  Not sure how apex Triggers will help you unless you plan to replicate everything, even then it's not easy to document what "everything is".  Have you tried to create a new record types and see if that will work for you?  

Thx