function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tanner WellsTanner Wells 

Variable is not visible: error

I have a managed package in which a boolean variable is defined as global. When I try to access the variable (via another org. in which the package is installed in) via a VF page, I recieve the following error: Variable is not visible:. I have another boolean variable in the same controller class that is also global and is accessible in a VF page. Therefore I don't understand why the new variable wouldn't be accessible. I've verified that I have the most recent version of the package installed (with parameter set to Global (not in previous package versions)). It appears to me that this is a SF bug because the other variable (defined in the same way) is accessible. 
Greg WilsonGreg Wilson
Hello Tanner,

I know it has been ten months since you posted  ... but did you ever discover the cause of the problem?

I'm asking because I've been experiencing something very similar (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=9060G000000I59HQAS" target="_blank). 

Thanks.
IC-TannerIC-Tanner
Hi Greg, we eventually resolved the issue. I believe it was an issue between Salesforce versions where the second extension package was on a different version than the base package. 
Greg WilsonGreg Wilson
Thanks for that update. We'll check whether we've got any version issues now.  Cheers.