function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nisha BabuNisha Babu 

Budget should have a field “Total Expenses” which would show the sum of all the approved expenses claimed against the budget

Hi,

Budget should have a field “Total Expenses” which would show the sum of all the approved expenses claimed against the budget.
How to do this.

With Regards,
    Nisha
Onesh ReddyOnesh Reddy
Hi Nisha,

Create a Formula Field naming Total Expenses with return type as Number, and Specify the fields to be Summed in the syntax of Formula Field.

Please find the below links for more help.
https://developer.salesforce.com/page/An_Introduction_to_Formulas
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_formulas.htm&language=en

Let us know if it helps you.

Regards,
Onesh
Nisha BabuNisha Babu
Hi Onesh,

Have two objects budget and expense.
The expense should be claimed towards the budget.
The expense have 2 step approval -from manager and owner.
I need to update a field in budget when an expense is approved.

Created an master detail relationship with expense as detail.
But when I login as a different user other than admin I am not able to submit any request for approval.

The error it shows is : Unable to Submit for. Approval
This record does not meet the entry criteria or initial submitters of any active approval processes. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How to solve this issue.
Hope you could help me

With regards,
   Nisha

Onesh ReddyOnesh Reddy
Hi Nisha,

The different user should be added to the Approval process Initial Submiters, so that he can submit Approval Process.
For that. Goto the Approval Process Detail Page and Click on EDIT. Select Initial Submiters and ADD the different user that u want use.
Please find the process in below pics.

User-added imageADD the different user to the Initial Submitters.User-added image

Regards,
Onesh.k