function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaggieSumitMaggieSumit 

I have a client object, this object have a (Lookup Relationship) to WorkOrder Object. Now when i click on new on workorder i will get the lookup value from Clients, Now i want one more field (Rate) to get in workorder from clients.

Onesh ReddyOnesh Reddy
Hi Bharat,

1) Lookup Relation is used only between objects(it cannot be used for specific fields).
2) However you can you can map the values of fields from one object to another.( Eg: If you select any client from Lookup relation on Workorder you can get  the value of Rate field from Client and can be stored in Workorder)
3) This can be done using formula field on workorder.

Let me know if it helps you.

Regards,
Onesh

Abu HashimAbu Hashim
@Sumit, 

Yes, we can create a formula field and reference the Rate field from client onto workorder object. But it will not be available in Edit/new standard page. It'll be available on workorder detail page.

Another workaround, if u want that rate field to be present on creation page, u may need to create a new visualforce page which replicates the action of new standard workorder page. And create a new field RATE on workorder object and calculate the Rate from client populated loookup value and then populate the RATE field on the vf page.

Let me know if u need further clarification!!!
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
You could also populate the rate field on create with a workflow/process so that you can edit it later without changing the client's rate field, and without the need to write a visualforce page. You will still see it on the record detail when you create/edit it though with this option. Please let us know if any of this helps.

Thanks,
Parker