function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael ShirrellMichael Shirrell 

Heroku Connect: Prepare the App for Local Development

I get an empty repository warning when I attempt the heroku git:clone -a <APP_NAME> (replacing <APP_NAME> with my app name) from the command line.  I've attempted this several times and still run into the same issue.
Michael ShirrellMichael Shirrell
Tracey,

Thank you for the response.  I actually was doing just that.  In the mean time, I've heard  back from Heroku that it's actually an internal issue that they are looking into.  I've run into another issue, however, that may necessitate another ticket.  However, I'm going to close this one.

Here is/was Heroku's response:
---------------------------
Hi Michael,
It's known. When you 'button deploy' the apps git repository isn't updated - so whilst a 'slug' exists with the code in, there's no actual git repo so when you clone it, you get the message about it being empty.
I did write a gist (https://gist.github.com/johnbeynon/f1f4f7aedb9361114cf8ad567a59f9fc) a few days ago in regards to Heroku Connect trailhead course which has you deploy via the button and then clone the app. This has been raised internally and we are working to get it resolved or the trail updated with steps.
Regards,
John.

-----------------------------