function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shawn SamiiShawn Samii 

Here's a new one

I got this error when adding a custom field in the "Using frmula fields" when I clicked on "check Challange" I got this:

"There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Delete failed. First exception on row 0 with id 0013600000FR3MZAA1; first error: DELETE_FAILED, Your attempt to delete Test Account could not be completed because it is associated with the following cases.: 00001038 : []"

Anyone seen this before? Did I screw somethign up terribly?
Best Answer chosen by Shawn Samii
DeepthiDeepthi (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shawn,

I believe there might be a trigger on Account Object that is firing while you are working on this challenge. Please check and deactivate the trigger and try to complete the challenge again. Let me know if you need any help!

Hope this helps you!
Best Regards,
Deepthi

All Answers

DeepthiDeepthi (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shawn,

I believe there might be a trigger on Account Object that is firing while you are working on this challenge. Please check and deactivate the trigger and try to complete the challenge again. Let me know if you need any help!

Hope this helps you!
Best Regards,
Deepthi
This was selected as the best answer
JyothsnaJyothsna (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shawn,

I guess there are some Validation rule or Trigger written on your Account object and it is preventing from executing this challenge. Please try to deactivate the validation rule or trigger and try doing the challenge.

Hope this helps you!
Best Regards,
Jyothsna
Shawn SamiiShawn Samii
Deepthi-

Thank you, that's exactly problem. If I may ask, what in the error made you think of the account trigger?

Jyothsna - thank you as well. Same question to you, what was in the error essage that made you think "trigger issuse"?