function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dan Glaser 4Dan Glaser 4 

having problems accessing Atttachment to cases from communities

My current sandbox has cases which contains Attachments. I am using Email to case with the email address setup to open a case. When I send an email with an attachment the case gets created and the Attachment is attached to the case. The case created by and owner is from the Case Support settings, which is an admins userid.

I created a Community for this UAT and I created contact users to access the Community. When I log into the Community using the Contacts ID and can open the case that was created. I can also view the attachment, but I have to be able to Edit the attachment description. When I press Edit i get this error message:
First exception on row 0 with id 00P55000001h6LxEAI; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: [] at line number 778

I tried everything I can remember to give access the the Communities users, but I still cannot edit the Attachments.

What do I have to do in order for communities users read/write access to attachments that they do not Own?

Thank you,
Naval Sharma4Naval Sharma4
Hi Dan,

Attachments access is determined by their parent. What access you have on parent will work for attachments as well.

Thanks,
Naval
Dan Glaser 4Dan Glaser 4
Naval,
 Thank you for your response. The communities user has complete READ/WRITE access to the case. I have tested this by changing fields and saving the data. What I have found if the Community user adds an atachment to the case the Community user can edit the attachment information. When the Case is created from the email the Case owner is from the QUEUE, and the Attachment owner is the Admin User assigned from the Case Support Settings. Not sure if this is the reason why the Community user cannot edit the attachments.
Naval Sharma4Naval Sharma4
Can you check with “Modify All Data” permission on cases?
Dan Glaser 4Dan Glaser 4
On the Profile that I am using for Communities users I cannot set the Modify All, it isn't a choice.