function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anindya ChattopadhyayAnindya Chattopadhyay 

Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2) Empty Initial Project Content

Hi All:

I am very new to Salesforce development (just really started this week) and am trying to set up a dev environment for the same.

I have installed Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2) along with JRE1.8.0_77. I can sign into my Salesforce DEVELOPER EDITION from Eclipse using Force Perspective. However on the 'Choose Initial Project Content' page, I can't see anything. It is completely empty. A screenshot is given below:

Empty Project Content

Just wondering if I can get some help. The tutorial I am trying to do is a basic one as follows:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.eclipse.meta/eclipse/eclipse_quickstart.htm

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Anindya

Best Answer chosen by Anindya Chattopadhyay
Mehul MakwanaMehul Makwana
I've been having this issue over the past couple of days as well and found a solution so posting my answer here for anyone else.
Using Eclipe helios, kepler and luna with Force.com IDE v29 I had exactly the same problem (but on windows).

Turns out if I switched to the Java perspective in Eclipse, rather than Force.com perspective (in the top right corner), creating Force.com projects works absolutely fine.

Hope this is helpful, Let me If it works for you.

All Answers

Mehul MakwanaMehul Makwana
I've been having this issue over the past couple of days as well and found a solution so posting my answer here for anyone else.
Using Eclipe helios, kepler and luna with Force.com IDE v29 I had exactly the same problem (but on windows).

Turns out if I switched to the Java perspective in Eclipse, rather than Force.com perspective (in the top right corner), creating Force.com projects works absolutely fine.

Hope this is helpful, Let me If it works for you.
This was selected as the best answer
Anindya ChattopadhyayAnindya Chattopadhyay

Hi Mehul:

Thanks for your reply. Yes it did work. I saw the suggested reply in another thread too as mentioned below:

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/30908/not-able-to-select-initial-content-for-salesforce-project-from-salesforce-ide

However I was not sure whether it was the solution for Eclipse Mars.

I reckon the issue definitely needs to be addressed , probably by the Eclipse team and not so much by the Salesforce team. Am I right here?

Cheers!
Anindya