function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
System 65System 65 

Is there a way to extract a bccAddress from inboundEmailService

We have a series of email services that need to run specific logic that cannot be supplied in email to case. 
The process looks up the toAddresses and/or ccAddresses and runs specific logic depending on the outside party and the inbound email address. 
The system works great with one exception.

If an outside party BCC's the email the inbound email handler does not appear to have available similar to toAddresses or ccAddresses. 

This is a low % of inbound emails but I'd rather have 100% than 99.9x%. 

Since BCC are "B" my thought was to look to look for the inbound email service being used rather than actual values in the toAddress or ccAddress. Unfortunately I don't see an ability to get that from the InboundEmail class either. 

Anybody done something similar? 
Any ideas are welcome... 

Balaji Chowdary GarapatiBalaji Chowdary Garapati
Hi,

The answer would be, You wont be able to read BCC receipients in any way!

In general Undisclosed receipients or(BCC - Blind Carbon Copy) receipients will not be available via email headers.

Unless the email is orginating from any of your in house systems, you can write a custom logic  to add the BCC reciepients to the custom email headers which wont be available through usual UI and read them through custom logic in Inbound Email Services before you send email out!.

Hope it helps.,

Thanks,
balaji
System 65System 65
Thanks, 
That is what I expected but thought it was worth putting to the group. 

Balaji Chowdary GarapatiBalaji Chowdary Garapati
I worked on a project in the past which requires this functionality, but in their case, the inital email used to originate from one of the clients home grown system. For which we ended up doing that way :), if not the options would be none.,

Cheers, Have a good day!