function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mahatma VijayMahatma Vijay 

.JSON file uploading into Static Resource as octet-stream

Hello folks,

Could someone guide me with this issue. I created a JSON file to use it as a Static resource for one of my VF page. I've uploaded it into my Sandbox as a .json file but after upload it's not showing as a json file. Instead it is showing as an octet-stream. 
​Can some help me with this. Am I missing something here?
Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Mahatma Vijay
Temoc MunozTemoc Munoz
Hi.

I don't think that will make a difference when loading the resource file. But, if you really need it as .json, you can try uploading the resource using Internet Explorer.

If you're using Chrome or Firefox, the order in which they check for MIME types may vary.

All Answers

Temoc MunozTemoc Munoz
Hi.

I don't think that will make a difference when loading the resource file. But, if you really need it as .json, you can try uploading the resource using Internet Explorer.

If you're using Chrome or Firefox, the order in which they check for MIME types may vary.
This was selected as the best answer
Mahatma VijayMahatma Vijay
@Temoc
Thank you so much Temoc. It really helped but the file is now showing as text/plain where as when I click it I can see the code and no problem in it.
I hope it works when I use it in my VF page. Thanks again for a super quick response.
Temoc MunozTemoc Munoz

You got it Mahatma.

Let us know if you find any issues.

Temo

Rameshvar Dayal 9Rameshvar Dayal 9
Hi.

I want to acces json response from static resource using http request plese tell me the way how i can do this.

Thnaks in advance