function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dustin StricklerDustin Strickler 

Data Loader Command Line or Jitterbit Data Loader (Free) to sync 3,000 records nightly?

We would like to sync about 3,000 account records nightly with about 40 fields on each record. This is coming from one major table behind the scenes. Without buying a full integration package, what would the community recommend for this? I am a declarative admin/dev so the command line documentation is a little over my head, but I do have some IT developers that can configure items. What would you recommmend?
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger
I don't have experience with the Jitterbit Data Loader, but it is certainly something you could do with the Salesforce Data Loader from the command line.

You might find it easiest to first get the process running in the GUI, then transfer the settings for use at the command line. See Using Data Loader from the command line (https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Using_Data_Loader_from_the_command_line#Best_practices).

Do you need to do any post processing with the results of the sync? How will you handle failures? I've often done this sort of sync from a developers perspective where it is easier to work directly against the API as it gives me flexibility in how to handle all the edge cases. For a one off process something like the data loader is good. For something that is running 365 days a year I like to be able to automate the entire process and have control of it.