function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ARJARJ 

Trouble saving Idea Themes in Custom Idea VF page.

I am trying to include idea theme lookup field on my custom VF page for idea creations. I am using Idea Base theme. Using following code
<apex:inputField value="{!Idea.IdeaThemeId}" required="true"/> to include Idea theme lookup field on VF page.

VF page saves successfully. However, while creating idea for any theme, I face VF page error "Invalid field IdeaThemeId for SObject Idea". Please note, Idea theme is a standard field on Idea object. Please see the screen shot below:
Error message. Invalid field IdeaThemeID for sobject Idea.

Anybody came across similar problem? Please help me out here. 

Best Answer chosen by ARJ
ARJARJ
Yes, It was the API version causing problem. I am still using IdeaThemeId for input field though. One of my components being used was on older API version. On its upgrade, issue was resolved. 

All Answers

ProlayProlay
The reference field API name is "​IdeaTheme" not the "​IdeaThemeId"
ARJARJ
Thanks Prolay. However, changing field to <apex:inputField value="{!Idea.​IdeaTheme}" required="true"/> wont even save the VF page. See below screenshot. 
User-added image
ProlayProlay
For me, this is working
<!-- page named detailPage -->
<apex:page standardController="Idea" >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Idea Section">
     <apex:form>
     <apex:inputField value="{!idea.IdeaTheme}"/>
     </apex:form>   

</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

ARJARJ
Strange...which API version you are working on? We are trying to work on default one i.e. 35.0
ProlayProlay
User-added image

API Version 35.0
ProlayProlay
Did you check the Idea Theme settings? Customize|Ideas|Idea Theme. You need to enable the theme.
ARJARJ
Yes, we already have idea themes enabled. We are using it in another out of the box idea implementation. I appreciate your response Prolay. 
ProlayProlay
Is it resolved?
ProlayProlay
If resolved, please mark it as resolved so that other community member can get the benifit of it.
ARJARJ
Yes, It was the API version causing problem. I am still using IdeaThemeId for input field though. One of my components being used was on older API version. On its upgrade, issue was resolved. 
This was selected as the best answer