function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Park WalkerPark Walker 

outbound change set upload failed due to a system error - Salesforce won't talk to me

When trying to upload a cahnge set from a sandbox to another sandbox I receive the following:

The following outbound change set upload failed due to a system error:

Change set: Objects (04tK0000000EJkB)
Organization: Dev (Developer Sandbox) (00DK000000XNi6a)
User: Swift River (005A0000000Z2or)
Error Number: 1722076013-80155 (245827274)

Please try to upload your change set again. If it does not succeed, contact Customer Support and provide the error number listed above.

Both sandboxes are using the same version (Winter '16) and the target sandbox is properly configured to receive the change set from the sending org.

Following the instructions in the error mssage I attempted to open a case with Salesforce support, but you cannot do that as the proper category is Developer Support and I cannot open a developer support case using the help system. So I opened another type of case, assuming that Salesforce would want to know that there is a problem with the system. Nope. The response was that I should post here. Does anybody here have access to the Salesforce system error code that might shed some light on the issue? 

Lest anyone wonder, I've been building outbound change sets since they were first implemented.

Park
KevinPKevinP
Park, 

Tweet at @salesforceDevs to get some eyeballs on this. 
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi Park,

I've been suffering the same issue until I've removed custom apps and custom tabs from my change set. Anyway, there is this post [1] where they solved the same issue just making small change sets of different components to see which ones were causing the issue. In her case, tasks were the trouble-makers, so it seems there is more than one possibility here.

Cheers
[1]
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F0000000D75XIAS
ccusicccusic
My problem ended up being a dashboard.  When I removed it, I was able to upload the changeset successfully.