function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nathan WakefieldNathan Wakefield 

API Access for Trial Account

I see that there is a similar question here: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?state=id#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=906F0000000ArVTIA0
But it doesn't look like it was ever properly addressed.
It also looks like the interface for the back-end has changed a decent amount since then.

I found a good guide for starting PHP development:
https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_Toolkit_for_PHP

But I can't figure out how to enable the API on my account nor how to retrieve the security token.
Best Answer chosen by Nathan Wakefield
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Security Token can be set/reset from My Settings Menu. Its an option in Personal Information section on left side bar menu.
API can be enabled by modifying your profile to have the API enabled checkbox as checked.

All Answers

Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Security Token can be set/reset from My Settings Menu. Its an option in Personal Information section on left side bar menu.
API can be enabled by modifying your profile to have the API enabled checkbox as checked.
This was selected as the best answer

Sumeet_Force,

Thanks for the the quick response!
I found the Reset My Security Token area and I got that emailed to me properly.
I don't seem to have an "API enabled" checkbox under Personal -> Personal Information.
Is this disabled for trial accounts?

Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
For checking that, you need to go to Profiles-> Click Your Profile -> Edit -> Here you would be seeing API Enabled Checkbox which you can tick to allow your profile to fire API requests.
That doesn't appear to be an option for my trial account.
However, it looks like the API is enabled by default as I'm able to make calls with it simply using the security token.

Thanks!
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Great...if you can access webservice calls using security token....it means API is clearly enabled ! You can mark the question as solved by selecting any suitable answer from above list.
Sophia Abraham 6Sophia Abraham 6
Nathan, 
How exactly were u able to make REST API calls? I'm using a trial account as well and when I try to make a REST API call I get
An error has occured. Http status: 403
[ {
  "message" : "The REST API is not enabled for this Organization.",
  "errorCode" : "API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG"
} ]
shaurya kaneshaurya kane
Even i am getting the same error