function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adam SamuelAdam Samuel 

Issues with Web-To-Case using Gravity Forms

Hi there,

We're using Gravity Forms on our website and I'm trying to get a form to talk to our "Cases" area on Salesforce. I've linked all the fields together and I had this email come through:

Reason: Status cannot take this value unless Approved flag is checked.

For more information about this error or help with Web-to-Case, please contact Customer Support.

Has anyone come across this issue? Any help on how I can recitfy so the form goes through?

Thanks,

Adam

Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger
Status is a native picklist field on Case (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_case.htm). There is no native "Approved" checkbox field on Case.

I suspect that you are encountering custom validation or similar in your specific Salesforce Org. Perhaps an Approval Process on Case?

Can you manually create a Case with the same values that the form is submitting? (Outside of Web-to-Case)
Adam SamuelAdam Samuel
Hey Daniel,

I'm not telling to do anything with status. The form is a "help" form which should create a new case that we can action and change the status itself. Does that mean I need to add a hidden field that has a box labelled "Status" and set the default value to "new"?
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger
It's hard to say without knowing what fields you are trying to set. By all means try providing a Status field value. You could also try capturing the debug log when the case is created. This might provide some more clues.