+ Start a Discussion
rushiErushiE 

time-dependent workflows

Hello everyone,

When I am working with workflows, One question is roaming through my mind  i.e why don't we have time-dependent workflows actions when the evaluation criteria are "every time record is created and edited"

Thanks..........
Best Answer chosen by rushiE
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce
Hi Yagnasree,

This is obvious question. the reason behind is when it is every time edited or created allowed then system will not be able to decide which time stamp it should, refer to calculate and fire action periodically. 

All Answers

Suraj MakandarSuraj Makandar
HI  Yagnasree,

Yes we don't have  evaluation criteria "every time record is created and edited" for time dependent workflow.
Because "every time record is created and edited" this criteria  simply means the workflow will fire every time we edit the record(it will be fired even if we simply click on edit button and save the record without making any changes).
Consider one example if we are using "every time record is created and edited" criteria with time dependent workflow and want our action to be performed on changing picklist value to "In Progress". Now we have updated record with picklist value to "In Progress", time-dependent workflow will fire and  action is added to queue. Now we  want to update another field and save the record, in this case again the workflow will be fired and it will override the previous action in queue. which altimately changes the date/time our action in future. (EX. Delay in Email) 

Thanks,
Suraj Makandar
Hi Yagnasree,

This is obvious question. the reason behind is when it is every time edited or created allowed then system will not be able to decide which time stamp it should, refer to calculate and fire action periodically. 
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Yagnasree,