function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ruben Smith 2Ruben Smith 2 

Process Builder

Hello
I am trying to find a way to open a case each time a custom record is edited to only meet certain criteria. I have the process setup in a manner that when certain criteria is met, a case is opened - the tircky part is for a case to open only when a certain field value is changed:
For example -
  1. Order ABC is created and the necessary criteria is met - Action: Open the case. (this part works)
  2. Order ABC is modified and only irrelevant fields are changed - Action: Do not open a Case (need help)
  3. Order ABC is modified and value in field XYZ is updated - Action Open new Case (need help).
    • ​​#3 should continue to open new cases as long as the value in field XYZ is changed.
Help please!!
Michał Zadrużyński 2Michał Zadrużyński 2
Reverse your logic. If case needs to always created when XYZ is changed make this your first step: XYZ value equals like required and XYZ ischange equals true then open case.
Second step should be ABC meets the criteria, but there is risk that will happen during modification of ABC not only creation. I don't know if this is an issue for you.
In process builder if you make a condition you have to make action, so your action of doing nothing should be at end of your logic