function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Noah TruaxNoah Truax 

Web-to-Lead, Large number of picklist values for field, incorporate search of values on form

I have a form with over 400 picklist values. They are alphabetical, but still, to scroll all the way down might be tedious. Does anyone know how to create a form where someone starts typing what they think applies to them, and the list of things that match what they are typing (based on what values are in the picklist) start to pop up? or just a more traditional search function that returns applicable results? Suggests to lessen the number of  values in the picklist would not be helpful, as the list is that long for a reason. Thanks much!
matt.ian.thomasmatt.ian.thomas
Assuming you have the ability to add some javascript to your form, if I were you I would use jQuery for this; there are multitudes of plugins that do this for you that you can choose from if you search for something like "multiselect js". Here's what your code would look like if you were to go this route:
$("#select").multiselect({
	noneSelectedText: "Select Something",
	show: "fade",
	hide: "fade",
	header: "Header"
}).multiselectfilter({
	autoReset: true
});

matt.ian.thomasmatt.ian.thomas
Where #select is the id for your select that you want to make multiselect. I'll have to look up the plugin I'm directly using there, but like I said there are a lot and they're all similar.
Noah TruaxNoah Truax
Switched the fields from picklist to text fields, then  based the search/auto complete function on a document that had the values that were previously in the picklist. Works pretty well.