function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David ZhuDavid Zhu 

Salesforce Interview Questions

I had a phone interview last week for Salesforce Developer position. It lasted about 30 minutes for about 20 questions. I don't think I passed the interview as I have not received in-person interview notification.
Anyways, I would say some questions are challenging to me, they are very good and worth to take a look. Can someone please help me find the best answer/solutions?

1. how would you do if you need to print all contacts in name card format? similar to the name card when we attend Salesforce World Tour.

2. Custom object Training__c is a master detail relationship with Contact object. Room__c is the field of Training__c object. Each contact will link to  multiple Training records. Different training might be the same training room with different training date.
   How to create a report with Contact names and the distinct training room in a given date range?  Cannot use Summary Report.

3. How would you setup to meet the following requirement for custom object xxxxx?
   a. all users can see all records in xxxxxx.
   b. executive users can delete any record in xxxxxx
   c. marketing users can NOT delete records in xxxxx if type (a custom field, not record type) is 'Closed'

4. How to prevent recursive trigger except using static Boolean variable?
   what is the con of using static Boolean variable to avoid recursive trigger?

5.Flow trigger gets SOQL limit exceeding error. what could be the problem?

6.What rules do you follow to design a trigger?

7.When creating a new task, how to list all other tasks related to the same contact?
  I said to add a VF page with Task controller extension to Task Layout. But when I look at the Task Page layout, there is no way to add VF page.

8. Two scenarios for selecting different parent-child relationship. (master-detail or lookup) Questions are pretty long, it took more than one minute for them to read the questions.
   I want to know if there is guide about when to use different relationship.

5.Flow trigger gets SOQL limit exceeding error. what could be the problem?

6.What rules do you follow to design a trigger?

7.When creating a new task, how to list all other tasks related to the same contact?
  I said to add a VF page with Task controller extension to Task Layout. But when I look at the Task Page layout, there is no way to add VF page.

8. Two scenarios for selecting different parent-child relationship. (master-detail or lookup) Questions are pretty long, it took more than one minute for them to read the questions.
   I want to know if there is guide about when to use different relationship.

Thanks,
David
pconpcon
David,

This type of question is not what the developer forums are ment for.  I would recommend that you head over to the Salesforce Trailhead site [1] and take the modules there related to your questions.  Most of your questions can be answered with fairly simple searches.

[1] https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/
James jon 4James jon 4
hi David,

Thank you for sharing great expreance regarding your telephonic interview. i am writing latest Salesforce Interview Questions with answer which is help you in future. you can also get all answers which you mention. https://www.andlearning.org/salesforce-interview-questions/