function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gaurav AgnihotriGaurav Agnihotri 

General Questions regarding Administration

hi guys, 
I am a newbie in Salesforce. I have some very basic adminstration questions:
Questions1: what is the best way of creating multiple price book in Salesforce? …. cloning
Question 2: Does profile permission override criteria sharing permission on an object? I think yes
Question 3: How to improve the relevance of search results for knowledge articles?
Question 4: how to restrict user’s access to knowledge category groups?
Question 5: Can a sales manager apply dashboard filter to individual view sales team’s data?

Best Regards
Question 6. How to keep track of delegated administrator activities?
Question 7. How to count number of contact on Account (without apex)?
Best Answer chosen by Gaurav Agnihotri
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi Gaurav,

I'll try to help you with some of the questions... 
Question 1: yes, it's a valid method as long as you want to have the same price book and then make little changes to them
Question 2: these are different things, with sharing rules you give access to records, and with profiles you give access to the object. If you don't have access to the object, it does not matter that you have visibility of those records.
Question 5: if I'm not wrong, depending on the dashboard he/she will see the data of the user selected to show the dashboard as, or will see just the data that she/he has access to. If she/he clicks on any report, the data will depend strictly on the record visibility, and there filters could be applied.
Question 7. You can build a simple Report

Regards

All Answers

Hi Gaurav,

I'll try to help you with some of the questions... 
Question 1: yes, it's a valid method as long as you want to have the same price book and then make little changes to them
Question 2: these are different things, with sharing rules you give access to records, and with profiles you give access to the object. If you don't have access to the object, it does not matter that you have visibility of those records.
Question 5: if I'm not wrong, depending on the dashboard he/she will see the data of the user selected to show the dashboard as, or will see just the data that she/he has access to. If she/he clicks on any report, the data will depend strictly on the record visibility, and there filters could be applied.
Question 7. You can build a simple Report

Regards
This was selected as the best answer
Gaurav AgnihotriGaurav Agnihotri
Hi Carlos, 
Thanks for replying. Appreciate it. On Quesion 7 could your elaborate how to create a report to count number of contacts on Account.
Sure Gaurav :)

Go to the Reports Tab, and click on New Report, from the folder lists that will appear, expand Accounts & Contacts and click on Contacts & Accounts, then click Create.
Now change the format to Summary and look for Account Name field and drag and drop it in the second row to group by Account Name. You should have something similar to my pic.  Don't forget to change the Account filter and the time frame to adjust it to your needs.
User-added image

Regards,