function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mark Tough 01Mark Tough 01 

Advanced Formulas

Hi, I've enjoyed using trailhead and have managed 17 Badges without hitting the forum but I am truely stuck!!!
On the Admin Advanced Trail, Advanced Formulas Second Unit "Using Mumbers, Currencies and Percentages in formulas" I just can't pass the  . Error Message

challenge. I can see no reason for Discount Field to be referenced, I have gone in and added it as a test and also deleted it from my Dev Org but to no avail. I've chedcked everything again and again but am either missing something obvious or there is a problem - any help would be appreciated.This is my formula...
ROUND( 3.14159 *  radius__c ^ 2 *  height__c ,0)
Best Answer chosen by Mark Tough 01
Maharajan CMaharajan C
Hi Mark,

There is field Discount_Percent__c on  Opportunity which requires value while creating/updating records. Just provide the value to this field in your Opportunity Record and it will work.Because you using the Discount_Percent__c as a required field.

Use my simple formula surely you can easily tackle this challenge.because i already tackled that challenge.

3.14159 * (radius__c *  radius__c   *  height__c)

Formula return type: Number
Decimal Place:0

Example: radius=10 , height = 10
                  =3.14159 * (10*10*10)
                  =3,142

Cheersss!!!!!!!!!

Let me know is that helpful to you...

Thanks,
Raj
(Sweet Potato Tec)

All Answers

R Z KhanR Z Khan
Seems that you are trying to insert records without populating the Discount_Percentage__c field. Fidn the object that this field belongs to adn then try to find the code or workflow that is inserting this record and populate the required field. 
Or make the field optional. It doesn't seem like anything to do with your formula fields
Deepak GulianDeepak Gulian
Try this formula
ROUND( 3.14159 *  radius__c ^ 2 *  height__c ,2)
and provide the value to the Discount Percentage field in your record!
Maharajan CMaharajan C
Hi Mark,

There is field Discount_Percent__c on  Opportunity which requires value while creating/updating records. Just provide the value to this field in your Opportunity Record and it will work.Because you using the Discount_Percent__c as a required field.

Use my simple formula surely you can easily tackle this challenge.because i already tackled that challenge.

3.14159 * (radius__c *  radius__c   *  height__c)

Formula return type: Number
Decimal Place:0

Example: radius=10 , height = 10
                  =3.14159 * (10*10*10)
                  =3,142

Cheersss!!!!!!!!!

Let me know is that helpful to you...

Thanks,
Raj
(Sweet Potato Tec)
This was selected as the best answer
Mark Tough 01Mark Tough 01
Hi Maharaja C,

Thank you for your help - wow I learnt a lot from this exercise. Your formula worked although I don't understand why mine didn't - it theoretically should have given the correct result plus I put the Round in I thought they wanted.

The killer for me was the Discount  % - I just made it non mandatory. I didn't have my head in the space where I went looking for that field, I did try and delete it and assosiaated processes but it came back from the dead to haunt me.

Thank you and RZ and Deepack as well - I will jump on the forum in the future more and try and give a bit back to the community.

All the Best

Mark