function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TsvetyTsvety 

Apporoval Process Due Date

Hi experts,

I am trying to build the following approval processes:

1) Record is submitted for approval to a Related user 
2) Related user has 24 hours to approve/reject.
3) If the Related user does not approve in 24 hours the request goes to User A. 
(User A is the same user for all approvals. User A is not a direct manager or delegated manager of Related User)

How can this be accomplished?
Best Answer chosen by Tsvety
Shikha AgashiShikha Agashi
We need to reassign record to different user and to trigger that we need some kind of auto update on record. By updating same field to null value serves two purpose:
  1. If record is recalled/rejected, we will have this field null. If resubmitted, your logic will appropriately. 
  2. It would help us to trigger reassign method.

You can create workflow rule: CustomDate__c!=null. Add Field Update to make it null. Also add Workflow Time trigger 24 hours after CustomDate__c.

All Answers

We did something similar in our org and you can try following logic if it helps:

1. Submit your Apprvoal. Create new Date Time field. Stamp on it when you send record for approval. At same time when this field is populated execute Time Dependent Workflow to make same field null. 
2. Once this field value is  null on update, in after trigger, write logic to reassign approval to User A.

TsvetyTsvety
Thanks for taking the time to reply. 
Can you please elaborate more on why do we reset the field back to null and how do we take into consideration the 24 hour SLA?
We need to reassign record to different user and to trigger that we need some kind of auto update on record. By updating same field to null value serves two purpose:
  1. If record is recalled/rejected, we will have this field null. If resubmitted, your logic will appropriately. 
  2. It would help us to trigger reassign method.

You can create workflow rule: CustomDate__c!=null. Add Field Update to make it null. Also add Workflow Time trigger 24 hours after CustomDate__c.
This was selected as the best answer
SunilBhardwaj10SunilBhardwaj10
Hi Shikha,
I also have the same case. I have created approval process for this. Pls let me know how can I stamp the request 'submitted date' on this custom field. Thanks