function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sindhu Nagabhushan 6Sindhu Nagabhushan 6 

Question related to upgrading a managed package

I have installed a managed oackage in my org and now i want to upgrade it. This app access is controlled by licence and permission set.  When i click on the upgrade link, Below 3 options are displayed,
1. Install for admin only
2. Install for All Users
3. Install for Specific profile.

Which option should i select? Not all users assigned to same profile have access to this app. So i think chosing the 3rd option will not be correct. 
If i select 'Install for admin only', will the licence be revoked from all the other users?

Thank you for your help in advance.
M. TomolonisM. Tomolonis
I would choose Install for admin only because after installation you can set the appropriate user and object permissions on custom profiles as needed.

Install for Admins Only
Specifies the following settings on the installing administrator’s profile and any profile with the "Customize Application" permission.
Object permissions—“Read,” “Create,” “Edit,” “Delete,” “View All,” and “Modify All” enabled
Field-level security—set to visible and editable for all fields
Apex classes—enabled
Visualforce pages—enabled
App settings—enabled
Tab settings—determined by the package creator
Page layout settings—determined by the package creator
Record Type settings—determined by the package creator
After installation, if you have Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, or Developer Edition, set the appropriate user and object permissions on custom profiles as needed.
Saravanan @CreationSaravanan @Creation
Hi Sindhu,

If you are upgrading the managed package I would recommed you to choose the 3 option 'Install for specfic profile'.
By selection this option you can map the managed profile permission to profile which is in the org.

More details : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.packagingGuide.meta/packagingGuide/packaging_install.htm

Regards,