function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sudhirn@merunetworks.comsudhirn@merunetworks.com 

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary

Hi,

I am having a system adminstrator role and profile there is a profile I have complete previlage to make chages on all objects.  

There is a marketing profile with this user is not able to edit the lead status field. when he tries to edit he is getting below message. 

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary

Please suggest me how to get this fixed. I check the object permission for this profile can edit / view all 

Thanks
Sudhir
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam
Hi Sudhir,

Please check the field level security access for the Marketing profile. If the user not have the access for the particular field then error will be thrown, so give access to the field in lead object.

Let me know if you need any help regarding this.

Thanks,
Vijay
sudhirn@merunetworks.comsudhirn@merunetworks.com
Hi Vijay,

I checked the field level security it is visible also lead status is the column which has to be given permission and this field is a standard column in lead object is there any other alternative way to give permission to edit this field. 

Thanks
Sudhir
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam
Please check any validation rule writtern for the lead status field in lead object.

Thanks,
Vijay
Arijit.MajeeArijit.Majee
Make sure to check the role of the user and OWD setting.