function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alex Brooks 7Alex Brooks 7 

Can't Select Picklist Values in Process Builder - Full Sandbox Only

I recently refreshed a full sandbox & migrated a changeset that included several process builder flows. I was not able to migrate some of the flows, since they contained event email alerts (separate issue with changeset validation still having this rule); so I need to recreate these flows.

The problem is, in my dev sandbox I was able to select picklist fields for Action Groups & for Immediate Actions; I am also able to do so in production. For some reason, I am not able to select any picklist values, for existing or new Process Builder Flows, in either Action Groups or Immediate Actions.

Anyone had this issue or know how to resolve?
Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
It probably has to do with record types. You should make picklist values available for each record type if you use record types on the objects subject to processes and flows. 
Alex Brooks 7Alex Brooks 7
It doesn’t have anything to do with record type restrictions, and even so that wouldn’t effect process builder; it isn’t intuitive enough to disallow selection of picklist values on record type (both because the record type of the target is not known at the time of process builder creation, and it isn’t smart enough to filter if you have selected a record type in the criteria). should also clarify: - For existing process flows, it gives me an error when viewing any criteria or action that has a picklist, as it can’t fetch the values (the field is selected, but it errors when it would normally load the picklist value selected for that criteria/update. It gives me the same error as for the known issue with multi currency enabled orgs & picklists, however our org does not have multi currency enabled. That known issue also references ‘certain’ picklists, while my issue is with all picklists. - For new process flows, or updating process flows, it does not let me even select a picklist. The field is simply not available in the dropdown. I have tried several of the ‘tricks’ with the UI, such as clicking on the actual record, saving & then looking through fields (found that solution for a related but separate issue); none of which worked. For now, I am going to assume it was a bad refresh. Support was unable to provide any explanation. Hopefully they can force the refresh as soon as possible & I will report back if this was a sandbox issue, or something more dire.
Jonah MattoxJonah Mattox
I assume this has probably been resolved by now seeing as it is over a year old, but my first thought was that the FLS was reset on the applicable fields. I typically see similar errors when moving Custom Fields and Flow Definitions via change set without moving the profiles along with them (which results in the fields being moved without any profiles having access).
Lewis HowelLewis Howel
I just had this trying to add a picklist field that used global picklist values. In process builder, I had a create record action, which inclulded this PL field. I added a second flow action, and tried to input the flow variable with the PL Field but it wasn't available. I checked record type, field level security etc and I just couldn't reference it.

But then, I removed it from teh create record action, and after save, it was available in the flow input...very wierd, but worth checking.