function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tina WinterTina Winter 

Picklist not available on Salesforce1 mobile app

The picklist I have set up for the Subject fields of Tasks and Events are not showing up in the Salesforce mobile app.  They work fine on the desktop version.  The only option on the mobile app is the default value.  Thanks in advance for any advice!
Best Answer chosen by Tina Winter
Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
I encounter the same issue as well, I am not able to open the drop-down list of Subject picklist values at Event create page. Subject field of Tasks and Events is a special kind of picklist type, referred as "a picklist or combo box", which is not yet supported in SF1.

Help link: http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000193266

This link offers a workaround for you:
  • Create an identical custom picklist field and replace with Subject field in page layout.
  • If you can't totally dismiss the standard Subject field, use a workflow rule or process to update the Subject field with the value in custom picklist field.

All Answers

Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
I encounter the same issue as well, I am not able to open the drop-down list of Subject picklist values at Event create page. Subject field of Tasks and Events is a special kind of picklist type, referred as "a picklist or combo box", which is not yet supported in SF1.

Help link: http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000193266

This link offers a workaround for you:
  • Create an identical custom picklist field and replace with Subject field in page layout.
  • If you can't totally dismiss the standard Subject field, use a workflow rule or process to update the Subject field with the value in custom picklist field.
This was selected as the best answer
Tina WinterTina Winter
Thank you very much for the response!  Everything worked fine right up to creating a workflow.  I am guessing I don't have a version that supports that function since I can't find it on the menu anywhere.  Thanks though for letting me know the picklists are not supported by SF1.
hiteshpareek0091.3932285851008196E12hiteshpareek0091.3932285851008196E12
The Subject field doesn’t include a picklist of previously defined subjects when Show simpler New Task form on mobile is enabled in Activity Settings , uncheck - "Show simpler New Task form on mobile" in setup -> Activity Settings in order to show the subject as picklist on mobile app.