function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sathyavelrajan AvudaiappanSathyavelrajan Avudaiappan 

trouble importing contacts into my dev org

Hello,
I have tried the " Data Management Importing Data" trailhead module. I have trouble importing contacts into my dev org. I'm getting 'STORAGE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED:storage limit exceeded:--" error.
Salesforce.com Organization ID00D36000000L2PW
User: savudaiappan@wave.de.com

Please advise.

Thanks,
Rajan
Also, when I tried the "Accounts & Contacts : Getting Started with Accounts and Contacts" trailhead exercise, I'm getting the following error message when try to add a single account into my dev org. This is a brand new dev org and seems like there are any data in the first place.

Data Storage Limits Exceeded
Your company currently has exceeded its data storage limits including an extra overflow buffer. Per our terms and conditions, we cannot permit additional data creation within our system until your company first reduces its current data storage. Please contact your company's salesforce.com administrator to resolve this. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Click here to return to the previous page.
ajay rawat 14ajay rawat 14
Hi Sathyavelrajan
            This error indicates that you have exceeded data storage limit provided by your org to you.
Kindly delete all unwanted attachment or records from org. Try to clear recycle bin.

Thanks,
Ajay Rawat
prasad maderamitla 67prasad maderamitla 67
sdfsadfsadfsa
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam
Hi Sathya,

If you are using developer org, then org storage size is 5mb if the record size is reached that why the limit exceed excpetion is thrown.

Refer the below link : 

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=limits_storage_allocation.htm

Thanks,
Vijay
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
This is coming because you already exceed the data limit in your DE org.
You can check the status  from below path

Option 1:-
Setup--> Moniter -->System Overview

Option 2:-
Setup --> Data Management --> Storage Usage

Solution:-
Please delete some data from your Developer org. and Retry

Please let us know if you need more help

Hi Amit / Vijay / Ajay: 
Thanks everyone for your suggestions here.
It helped to resolve my issue.

-Rajan
Kumar SauravKumar Saurav
Very good that it solved your problem. As an alternative you can use CloudDrop. Cloud Drop is One such App that is some what following the same logic in order to store any number and size of files that can be associated with any salesforce object with Rackspace server.It also allow user to send very large size file as email attachment to particular contact/lead record.
Please check the following link for more information:
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IzEDEA0