function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sanil ChopraSanil Chopra 

Failed to invoke future method

Hello,

We've been receiving these emails since last few days, but are not sure what it is related to. The full error message is pasted below. Looking for some assistance here. Thanks.

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void podSwitchboard(Id)' on class 'et4ae5.phoenixSendControl' for job id '7071600002ukS2v'
caused by: System.JSONException: Unexpected character ('e' (code 101)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null') at input location [1,2]

Best Answer chosen by Sanil Chopra
R Z KhanR Z Khan
I assume its  a apckage named et4ae5. Try contacting the vendor and see if they can debug it for you. In the meantime try to looking through your code and see if you are calling that method somehwere in your code. If not, then i guess the managed package calls it form inside. 
Hope that answered your question

All Answers

R Z KhanR Z Khan
Can you post the code for podSwitchboard method please? Seems like you are trying to parse a JSON and it has an incorrect format
Sanil ChopraSanil Chopra
Hi R Z Khan, I am afraid thats all I have. 
We got another email today and except for the different job id, everything else is the same.

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 005G0000001xNdp/00DA00000009acP

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void podSwitchboard(Id)' on class 'et4ae5.phoenixSendControl' for job id '7071600002ukS2w'

caused by: System.JSONException: Unexpected character ('e' (code 101)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null') at input location [1,2]

(System Code)
R Z KhanR Z Khan
Is the code not written by you? Are you the one calling a future method? is the future method a part of some managed package?
Sanil ChopraSanil Chopra
Yes, the code is not written by me and Im not calling a future method. I have a feeling this is part of Marketing cloud package, but not 100% sure.
R Z KhanR Z Khan
I assume its  a apckage named et4ae5. Try contacting the vendor and see if they can debug it for you. In the meantime try to looking through your code and see if you are calling that method somehwere in your code. If not, then i guess the managed package calls it form inside. 
Hope that answered your question
This was selected as the best answer
Sanil ChopraSanil Chopra
Thanks alot for your help. This pushes us to the right direction. Appreciate it!
R Z KhanR Z Khan
Your welcome. please mark the question as resolved.