function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sorcerer7Sorcerer7 

Our Sales VP has asked if we can place the "Log A Call" at the top of the Contact page layout.

I do not believe the standard "Log a Call" button can be moved to the top of the page layout but I do believe we can resolve this with a custom button and place that at the top of the page. I could not find the code behind the standard "Log a Call" button so I could "replicate" the button. Is there a place to get this, or does someone know what the code looks like?

On a side note, I wanted to find out what "Best Practices" is for Logging a Call.

Thank you
@Karanraj@Karanraj
Create a custom button with the content source type as 'URL' and place the below code
/00T/e?title=Call&what_id={!Account.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Call&retURL={!Account.Id}
Replace the {!Account.ID} into your objectAPIName.ID for other objects.

Sorcerer7Sorcerer7
This is for the Contacts Object, so when I use the code, just replace Account.Id with Contact.Ide? Lik this....
1. /00T/e?title=Call&what_id={!Contact.Id}&followup=1&tsk5=Call&retURL={!Contact.Id}

Is there a "Best Practice" suggestion for Logging Calls?

Thanks
Sorcerer7Sorcerer7
That code worked really well. Now for the twist. I notice that the Contact info and Account info do not auto populate when we use this custom button. Any suggestions as to what the code would be so that when the user clicks the "Log-A-Call" button, and the task screen opens, the Contact and Account fields are automatically populated with the Contact and Account they are working on?
Thanks