function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ashutosh Tripathi 9Ashutosh Tripathi 9 

Live Agent prechat form not able to create a case intermittently.

Hi All,

I have Live Agent pre-chat forms set up on some of our Force.com sites, and customers are using them to initiate a live agent chat session with me.  I have configured them to create a case when the chat is created. Intermittently, a case is not being created.
Please tell me how can I fix this issue. The code used Javascript, do you know how I can set up the debug log to log if the case create failed? 

Is  there any other tools or tips you can provide that would help us narrow down where it's failing, or where I can see any error messages from when the case is being created?

Your help is much appriciated!

Thanks.
Joe HenryJoe Henry
I am faced with the same issue as well.  What is the root cause of this intermittent creation of cases?
Hugo Zhou 9Hugo Zhou 9
Hi Ashutosh and Joe,
Have you resolved this issue?  
I have the same issue here, and can't find the root cause, it just sporadically fails to create Cases.
kullayappa macha 31kullayappa macha 31
Did someone found a solution for this sporadic issue through live agent. Please help me out.
Can someone let me know the root cause of this issue, its an urgent.... 
Hugo Zhou 9Hugo Zhou 9
Hi Kullayappa, When error occurring, press F12 to open the browser developer console, then find the error message in the console log. My case is due to network slowness. Hope this will help you.
HI Hugo,
How did you find it is slowness issue. 
You mean to say it is created after some time?
If it is so how much time?
In order to resolve that slowness whats need to be changed from my side?

Anybody, any update on this?
Hugo Zhou 9Hugo Zhou 9
The problem still not resolved.

It just happening randomly at the rate 1% - 2% of all live chat.

I'm gussing it related to Salesforce live agent server/network performance.
Hugo Zhou 9Hugo Zhou 9
problem resolved by adding before update trigger on LiveChatTranscript, which will creae new case if the javascript in the pre-chat form page failed to create case.
Ram S/o NaiduRam S/o Naidu
HI Hugo,

I have added the before trigger on LivechatTrascript, but no luck. can you please tell me the solution if you get solution for the above issue.