function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tapas Majumdar 18Tapas Majumdar 18 

I want to inquire what are the minimum privileges that are required to create a user through API.

I want to enquire what are the minimum privileges that are required to create a user through API.Normally we use System Administrator profile to create user and perform other CRUD operations on Users but a lot more previliges are given to the user in this way.

Lokeswara ReddyLokeswara Reddy
Please refer
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=User-Permission-for-API-Integration-User&language=en_US

If the integration is only meant for user creation/updation then you can restrict the access to other objects in the profile.
Tapas Majumdar 18Tapas Majumdar 18
Thanks Lokeswara for your answer, but I would Like to furhtur elaborate my requirement.

I create a connected aap in salesforce with System administrator profile and then do operation such as CRUD operation on Users and Groups, Assign Licences to other users and enable and disable their accountthrough API, So which profile other than system administrator can I use to do these Operations as I do not need to perform any other Operations Other than this i.e which is the user with least previleages that I can use to perform these operations.

Lokeswara ReddyLokeswara Reddy
In this case you have to create a new profile ( clone from any existing profile) and set the previleges as you want on this profile and assign this profile to your integration user.
If you want to restrict this user from logging into Salesforce directly and wants to provide access only through API then check the option against "Api Only User" in the profile under system permissions.