function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lanny KnessLanny Kness 

Can i undeploy an org where my application is packaged?

My company has several developers, and we use the Force.com Migration Tool to deploy and retrieve code into development orgs for work (apex classes and pages, custom objects, etc.) We need to push all these changes into our packaging org, which has had a managed package created from it. If this was just a development org, i would undeploy the org (i.e. remove everything from it) and push in the updates. But with this being the org the managed package was created in, if i do this, will it corrupt the package? I'm thinking how the package tracks deleted components. 

If it does corrupt the package, what is the recommended way of updating the components in a packaged app from a development org? 
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Lanny,

General best practice is to take the backup from both source and destination orgs before you do any deployment.

--> Retrieve the package from Destination.
--> Retrieve the package from Source.
--> Deploy into Destination. 

But for your current situation, it will be tough to give you 100% right answer as we have to consider multiple things like what you deployed, how many componenets we have and what are those components.

You can try to deploy back with the changes and the destination org will be updated. Whichever you don't want to, those components have to be removed / deleted / use destructive package.

Regards,
Mahesh