function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Yogesh Kumar 35Yogesh Kumar 35 

Report genration with different time filter

Hi All,

I have to create a report with one 'field' that chaged to 'one text value'  in the past 7 days and same 'field' with different " text value" no specific time.
Report need to be generated on weekly basis.
Ramon PereiraRamon Pereira
Hi,

See if I understand your question.
You have a report that is now filtered a field (not text) that has to be filtered as text. You need to run this report and will have to maintain the filters.

If so, do the following:
In your filter, use the OR function in the filter. So you will be able to filter the data with the old filter and the new filter.
Yogesh Kumar 35Yogesh Kumar 35
No my requirement is need to run a report on weekly basis. This is fine. But what i need to filter is a text field with different "values" like 'open', 'close', 'pre-closed' etc. That can also be done by using OR function. But there is one more scenario: if this particular text field have a value like 'open' or get modified in past 7 days with the same value'open' that it will run the report. So can you please help me out in this. How can i put a logic or date condition on a text value filed.
v varaprasadv varaprasad
Hi Yogesh,

To run reports on weekly basis we will use generally analytical snapshot.
May be using of analytic snapshots your problem will solve.

Analytic Snapshots are comprised of three things:
A source Report of type Tabular or Summary
A Custom Object with fields matching the columns in the source Report
An Analytic Snapshot definition, which maps fields and schedules the snapshot runs.

For More Info please check below links:

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=data_setting_up_analytic_snap.htm&language=en_US
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000h0nfAAA