function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Z man0Z man0 

App Exchange App Testing

Hi Everyone,

I would like to install and test an app exchange application. I can install it from my Developer Edition or any other Salesforce Edition (Unlimited/Enterprise). Is it possible to directly install an applicaiton to any of the following sandbox instead of going through production / developer edition? 
  • Developer
  • Developer Pro
  • Partial Copy 
Best Answer chosen by Z man0
Phillip FrontPhillip Front
Yes! When you click "Get It Now" on the Appexchange, you can choose Production Org or Sandbox Org. After you choose Sandbox Org, it will ask you to log into the Sandbox. At this point, just log into whichever Sandbox Org you want to install it in (Developer, Developer Pro, or Partial Copy).

Hope this helps!

All Answers

Phillip FrontPhillip Front
Yes! When you click "Get It Now" on the Appexchange, you can choose Production Org or Sandbox Org. After you choose Sandbox Org, it will ask you to log into the Sandbox. At this point, just log into whichever Sandbox Org you want to install it in (Developer, Developer Pro, or Partial Copy).

Hope this helps!
This was selected as the best answer
Mahesh DMahesh D
In Addition to Phollip's comments,

I would recommend to do it in one of the Sandbox first. Once after you complete the testing, you can plan for Production.

Regards,
Mahesh