function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Fery BudiyantoFery Budiyanto 

Validation Rules

Hi All,

Can someone help me, because i have the issues on my workflow rules where  we expecting to get a flag when the Social Post is responded over 15 mins as our threshold. infact there is case where the worklflow isn't properly working where the case with First response time > 15 mins is not flag as over SLA.

Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
Hey,

Could you please give details of your workflow rule? We will be able to detect the problem if you do so.
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
You cannot set a Time Trigger to 15 mins. If you set the value to 0.25 Hours After Your_Field it will give you the error "Must be a whole number."
Did you set the workflow to 15 Hours by mistake? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need a trigger to accomplish what you're asking. However, If you create a custom formula date/time field and set it to 45 minutes before the field you wish to act as the basis for your Time Trigger, it can be done in that way by setting the Time Trigger to this: 1 Hours After The Formula Field.
Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
I would meet this requirement by a process that calls a flow with wait element. Unlike workflow rules' and process' time-based actions, flow's wait element allows you to set a wait timer less than one hour. 

I don't know your workflow and object specifics, but this should do the trick without custom coding which should be your last resort as a solution. Many assumptions are present below, correcting them's up to you.
  • Create your process, select your object, select "only when record is created"
  • Don't state any criteria.
  • Call a flow you're going to create in the next step. Pass the triggering record's ID.
  • Start your flow with a wait element, set 0.25 hours after created date (absolute time I think)
  • Put a record lookup element, find the triggering record and check if agent has responded or not.
  • Following a decision element, update (or not) the checkbox with record update element.
If you want this checkbox to be set back to false whenever agent responds after 15 mins, you need to create a seperate process that does a field update.
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
Advice by @Tolga Sunar is solid, wish I had thought of it myself. That's probably you're best course of action. Just make sure to deactivate the Workflow rule after you create the process.
Shatya FramudiaShatya Framudia
Hi Tolga , 

I'm the same organization with Fery that trigger this case. 
just want to clarify if the process that you means is PROCESS BUILDER feature in salesforce. We'll try based on your advise then. 
I just trying using Process Builder but it show error value : INVALID VALUE , where the font is RED when I'm encoding 0.25 in the Scheduled action : Set Time for Actions to Execute. Please need your advise about this.

But can you assest current worklfow in the system where we're utilizing workflow : 
  1. Update Field : SOCIAL SLA TRIGGER by adding 15 mins from CASE CREATED every time case is created, as a treshold / flag for next 15 mins 
  2. Formula in Social SLA Trigger: CreatedDate + 15/1440 
  3. Create a workflow to create a flag in the FIELD : OVER SLA 15 mins with rules : 
  •        Evaluate the rule when a record is create
  •        if RECORD no response --> (Case: First Response TimeEQUALSnull) 
  •        0 Hours After Case: SOCIAL SLA TRIGGER

Need  your expert Advise about this guys!!! 

shatya 

Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
Hey Shatya,

It seems that you are trying to use process builder's time-based action. It will not accept any timer less than 1 hour. The solution I proposed, yes, it utilizes the process builder, but it calls a flow as the only action. You start the time-based action inside the flow.

Your workflow approach seems fine, does it work? If not, what kind problem do you face here?
Shatya FramudiaShatya Framudia

Tolga, 
Noted, I will recheck again the process builder features, and see if i can simulate the recommendation, and will revert back to you ASAP. 

my workflow is working properly, previously so can flag for those case without any respond below 15 mins. But recently the workflow give wrong flagging where the flag (over SLA) isn't given for the case above 15 mins. but its intermittent. 
How can analyise this functions ? do you have any advise? 

Shatya 

Tolga SunarTolga Sunar
My best guess would be the following criteria being not valid anymore before the 15 min mark, so time-based action is removed from the queue.

if RECORD no response --> (Case: First Response TimeEQUALSnull) 

Moreover, you can track your time-based workflow rule actions from Setup -> Monitor -> Time-based Workflow. You should run some tests yourself and identify the issue that does not mark the records whıch are untouched for the first 15 mins upon creation.